There’s more to know about your toothbrush than the facts that it deeply cleans your smile and helps you avoid big and small dental issues. In fact, there are some interesting toothbrush facts that you probably have never known! Our dentist, Dr. Eudoro Vallejo, would like to help you better understand your toothbrush by sharing those facts with you today. They are:
– When looking for a toothbrush, it’s best to choose one that has the American Dental Association’s Seal of Approval.
– It’s strongly recommended to use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
– The toothbrush is very old. In fact, it’s 5,000 years old and the oldest toothbrush was a frayed stick used by ancient civilizations to remove food from the teeth.
– It doesn’t matter if you clean your smile with an electric or manual toothbrush. Your teeth don’t care!
– It doesn’t matter the order in which you brush and floss. As long as you do both, you’re on the right track.
– After you brush, it’s best to leave your toothbrush out in the open to air dry. This reduces the number of bacteria that gather on the bristles.
– You should replace your toothbrush after using it for 3-4 months.
– Make sure to brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day.
– It’s best not to share your toothbrush with other people, even family members.
To learn more about toothbrushes in Hackensack, New Jersey, please contact our dental team when you have the chance. Just reach out to Eudoro Vallejo at 201-457-9595 and we will be happy to assist you. We look forward to giving you the answers and information you need so you can better understand your oral hygiene tools!